Saturday 17 September 2016

Summer Projects

Its now coming to the end of the summer holidays but I still have 3 weeks left. Last week I didn't have anything to do so I found some summer activities that are much more fun than re-watching a lot of old Disney films.


1. Tie dying
I'm sure you've probably heard of this before but its so easy. Instead of buying a tie dying kit you can just use regular die for a one coloured pattern.

You will need:
  • A pack of die
  • Salt (read the instructions for the amount)
  • A lot of water
  • White or plain cloths
  • Some elastic bands
  • Something to stir with
All you have to do is follow the instructions on your die. To create the patterned effect you will need to tie your cloths in some different patterns. You can really experiment with this and have some fun!


2. Paint some furniture
This might sound really boring but its actually very rewarding.

You will need:
  • Paint - a base coat and some tester 
  • Paint bruses
  • A piece of furniture
  • Newspaper/dustsheets
We had some wooden chairs in the garage that I decided to paint but if you don't have anything lying around you can have a look in a charity shop for some cheap bargains.

All you have to do is put down your newspaper and paint. I did a base coat in a blue colour then painted a spindle and a leg pink. I also painted a chest of draws in the same way but I painted a   colourful pattern. It was really fun and it looked great when it was finished.


3. Rummage through a charity shop and find some cloths and transform them.

This might seem a bit odd but I find it really fun to transform clothes and charity shops are a great place to find cheap bargains. Slightly similar to the school project we did. It's also a great way to use up any scraps of fabric to create something completely unique. Although it's not a massive change, I transformed a grey jumper into a cropped jumper.

I hope you have a go at some of these activities and get really creative with your own ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment