Saturday 22 October 2016

Autumn Decor

I love Autumn, it is by far my favourite season of the year. However this year there has been a big heat wave and it doesn't feel like Autumn so to get in the mood I decided to do a bit of Autumn decor.

1. Leaf Bunting

Whats the first thing you think of when you think Autumn? Leaves, so I found a way to get some beautiful
Autumn leaves into my room.

What you need:
  • A bunch of leaves
  • A hole punch
  • Some string
  • A pair of scissors
Now this one is quite simple. All you're going to do is hole punch your leaves then thread some onto some string. I cut off most of the little branch bits to get a cleaner look but it really doesn't matter. It took no time at all and was really easy to make while also incorporating the feel of Autumn into to my room. 


2. Autumn Inspired Quote Frame

Now, this one is a bit more complicated and can be replicated for any season but I love the idea of giving it an Autumn theme.

What you need
  • One frame (I prefer a large one)
  • A lot of quotes (Can be handwritten or printed)
  • Some paper to back the quotes (optional)
  • Any other decorations for your frame (optional)
So, to begin get all your quotes and lay them out. Get the cardboard bit out of the back of your frame and start to lay out all your quotes. This might take a while but make sure you take our time and keep it all nice and neat. If you want you can glue some paper onto the cardboard back but most of it will be covered so that's optional. Then all you have got to do is use some glue to stick down all your quotes. I would suggest using prit-stick because its easy to move around once its stuck. Then all you have to do is place the cardboard part back in the frame and hang it up. I really like this one because it's super customisable to all seasons and room styles.


No comments:

Post a Comment