Sunday 31 January 2016

Quilled Birthday Card Tutorial

This is the finished product.
So, my sister's birthday is coming up soon so I decided to make her a card with quilled decorations. I'm doing this design because I got a kit from it for Christmas.

The Kit
The kit I'm using is a card making set from Apples and Pears. I knew it would be good because I've had a couple of other sets off them. All of their loads of sets are in a tin and that's kind of the point of their company. As they're in a tin, they're are really good for travelling and taking on journeys.

Materials:
  • Quilling paper
  • Quilling tool
  • Card
  • Glue
  • Other decorations (optional)

Steps:
1. Gather all of the above materials. You can use any colours or any sizes that you want.
2. Take your quilling tool (you can use a pencil or other round object if you don't have one) and insert the paper strip into the slit at the end.


3. Gently wrap the piece of paper around and around until you have a circle.
4. Drop the paper of the tool. Be careful when you do this so you don't break it.
5. Wait until it expands to the shape you want. You can make the shape more interesting by pinching both ends or one individually.

Here is one that I pinched the end of.
6. Put a small amount of glue on the end of the paper slip to secure and wait for it to dry.


For the card that I was making I created a heart for it. It was very simple and will be posting a quick tutorial on that soon. I also created some letters to spell love.


Tips:
  • Make sure not to wrap the paper too tightly so you can still get it off your tool.
  • There are tons of tutorials on the internet that you can have a look at to find more interesting things to do.
Quilling has been something I've been wanting to do for a while now. Now I have a kit, I'll probably be posting some more tutorials on different shapes to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment