Saturday 9 September 2017

August Best Bits 2017

So, the summer is finally over and now we are in autumn. If I'm honest I did really enjoy most of this summer (apart from my holiday :). The weather was awful, not much was going on, to me it didn't really seem like summer. It was just... meh. Fine. Whatever. I didn't really care for those 3 months.

But now, onto what this post is supposed to be about. The best bits of August. Lets see if I can try to scrape a list together.

1. Holidays
Lots of people go on holiday in August. It's the school holidays and the only time to actually get some sun here in England. You can stay here in the UK or go abroad and get some real summer. I went to Italy just after the massive heatwave, so I missed the super hot weather (good thing, I'm white as a sheet) but still got some pretty nice heat.


2. No school!
If you're of school age and living here in the UK, August means the summer holidays. And that means no school for 6 weeks! I mean it's not quite comparable to the 3 months (!!) that America gets, but I'll take it.

3. Barbecues
For me the summer means barbecues. And I do love barbecues. Summer is the best time to just sit and eat nice food with your family. While the sun starts to set above your head and you relish in the delicious smells of a cooking barbecue, life seems perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment