Sunday 21 February 2016

January's Best Bits 2016

Well it's a new year so I think its time for another best bits.

1. Embroidery wheel
I have been loving doing embroidery of peoples faces. This can be hard but using an embroidery wheel really helps to keep the fabric still and achieve life like images (not).


2. My sewing machine
This is a fantastic book that I received for Christmas. It is by a wonderful author called Jane Bull. She has written three other books in this series of sewing books. The ideas in the book are brilliant and the instructions are very clear. It also gives some great advise about how to use and look after your sewing machine.



3. Reeves watercolours
I really love these watercolours even though it's not sewing. The colours and quality is fantastic. We have been using them at school and they're falling apart but the colours are still great as they are really easy to clean. I have about three of these watercolours so if your looking for some they are definitely a good call.



4. finger knitting machine
Now, this may seem crazy but I love finger knitting. I find that it a great thing to have in the car but my wool often gets really tangled so I made this. The wool is wrapped around the top and it won't get tangled. there is also two pockets. One made for some scissors and another for keeping the finished finger knitting in. It was really easy to make and it makes transporting finger knitting so much easier. You could also change it for normal knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment