Thursday 16 July 2015

Felt Friends From Japan - Kenji the Cat

The end design
A few weeks ago I went to the library and picked up the book 'Felt Friends From Japan'. It has some super cute characters with massive heads.

Stuffing!
The toy took forever to make but it was so worthwhile because it looks so cute. I loved making it because I got to see how it pieced together and how brilliant the pattern was. It wasn't particularly hard to make, but it was quite fiddly in places - it was hard to get right into the corners to sew it together.

The body is done!
I don't think it is actually designed that well because the huge head is way to heavy for the small body. This made extremley difficult to stand it up and take the photos.

In my opinion, it did get a bit boring after a while and I just wanted to finish it so badly. I did eventually and I was over the moon when I did. I think I might be able to go a little bit faster if I ever made anything from the book again because I would know what to do and maybe some things that might save time.

Finally, he has a head!
I think I would recommend this project to someone who has a lot of patience and can hand sew quite well. Patience because it takes forever to make and you do need to be able to sew well because it can get quite fiddly and tight. I would never do one of these projects again because it was so tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment